What You’ll Need:
- 6 Great Lakes Organic Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 5 Sun dried canned tomatoes
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp pesto
- Crème fraiche
- Fresh basil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200⁰C (400⁰F).
- Roughly chop the red peppers and place in a large baking tray with peeled whole garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper then roast in the oven until slightly charred (around 40 minutes).
- Finely chop a white onion and sauté in a large pot with a little olive oil until translucent and soft. Once soft, add the roasted peppers and garlic, sun dried tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then turn off the heat and blend until completely smooth using an immersion blender. Taste for seasoning.
- Add a small splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice, stir and serve with a drizzle of crème fraiche and homemade pesto or fresh basil. Grab a hunk of crusty bread and dive in.