What You’ll Need:
- 6 – 8 Great Lakes Organics Mini Eggplants, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup diced Great Lakes Organics Tomato (seeded)
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 2 ½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- ½ tsp. salt (divided)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a work surface; sprinkle evenly with ¼ teaspoon salt. Let stand 15 minutes; pat dry.
- Combine eggplant and 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Arrange eggplant on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove the eggplant from grill and sprinkle evenly with black pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Top each eggplant slice with 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Sprinkle with salt and red pepper.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and serve.