What You’ll Need:
- 6 – 8 Great Lakes Organic Mini Eggplants, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 Cup Diced tomato (seeded)
- 1 Clove finely chopped garlic
- ¼ Cup Chopped green onions
- ¼ Cup Chopped white onion
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt (divided)
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- Cooking spray
- ½ Tsp. Black pepper
- ½ Tsp. Crushed red pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a work surface; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let stand 15 minutes; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine eggplant and 1 ½ teaspoons of olive oil in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Arrange eggplants on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove the eggplants from grill and sprinkle evenly with black pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Top each eggplant slice with approximately 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Sprinkle with salt and red pepper.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then serve.