Enjoy this light and simple to make meal. The salad is an awesome addition and adds a refreshing crunch!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ½ teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 6-ounce skinless center-cut salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 medium Great Lakes Greenhouse cucumber, mandolin sliced or quartered
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Pepper to taste
- Jarred pickled ginger, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the honey, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and the cornstarch in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until just simmering, 30 to 40 seconds.
- Rub the fish fillets all over with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and season lightly with salt. Place the fish in a baking dish and bake 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with the honey-soy sauce mixture. Return the fish to the oven and continue baking until just cooked through, 7 to 9 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the rice vinegar, mayonnaise and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste, and toss. Serve the salmon with the salad and pickled ginger.